Monday 9 April 2012

Oops I binged on Fabric

I did a deal with my boss, let me work on Sunday so I can take Easter Thursday off. Happily he said yes leaving me to take myself on a shopping trip to the lovely Fabric Store. What a heavenly place that is, I could just wander around in there just oohing and aahing at their wares. Makes it terribly hard to decide on anything though, but here is what I allowed to come home with me. 


First up is a Black & White leopard print in a lovely soft Rayon. This is going to be a Darling Ranges dress , Megan has a sew-along happening on her blog  at the moment which I was hoping to join in but I've been waiting a month for the pattern so I guess Mr Postman wanted it more than I did. Fingers crossed it gets here soon.


Next up is a stunning hot pink cotton which is from DKNY. It has a lovely soft drape to it. It's going to be combined with the taupe colored rayon for a self drafted color block type top. The rayon was picked up in the remnant bin for $9, has a lovely sheen to it and so soft and drapey you would swear it has silk in it. 





Next up is a cream & grey stripe knit which is from Marc Jacobs. 




This is going to be Top no. 4 from Drape Drape 2. I do love me some Japanese patterns, cant read most of what is in the books but the diagrams are clear enough. Here's what the pattern looks like, complete with my chicken scratch notes on it. I've traced it out on Swedish Tracing Paper.




I also brought a plain black rayon, no picture of it as black doesn't photograph that well and I figure that everyone knows what plain black fabric looks like. It's going to be transformed into the Rachel Comey top from Vogue 1247. I've already done a test run of it, just need to make a few small alterations.


To finish off my fabric shopping extravaganza, Spotlight sends me a message tempting me to spend there with a 40% discount on all fabric. Who I am to say no? So I picked up this lovely light polyester with a little birdy print on it, this is going to be some kind of blouse, not sure of the pattern yet but I'll probably Macgyver one up like I usually do. 




Last but not least, I spied some black faux leather sitting in the bottom of a rack. 




It has a cool almost ponti type knit on the reverse side so I'm hoping it should be easy enough to sew. I have this image saved as my inspiration, plain wool tee with leather sleeves.



So now I have no excuse to have "nothing to sew" so I best get cracking on it.

Till next time!

3 comments:

  1. I am having serious fabric envy right at this point. So much goodness here and I can't wait to see what you do with it :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Totally random question! Where do you get your Swedish Tracing Paper?? I have been using a very lightweight non-fusible interfacing for pattern tracing, but would greatly prefer paper. Very jealous of your fabric binge! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jillian! Love the swedish tracing paper, using it for all my patterns now. I got mine from Crafty Mamas, I think it originally comes from the USA and you can find it on Ebay too. Here is the link for Crafty Mamas website:
      http://www.craftymamas.com.au/swedish-tracing-paper-per-9-metre-roll.html

      Delete