Monday 15 October 2012

I'm going dotty!

I finished this top a few weeks ago, been so busy I haven't had the chance of taking photos of it earlier. 


It's pretty safe to say that I really love this top. It is made from a silk (maybe a blend cant remember) which I brought from the Fabric Store last summer. The fabric was surprisingly easy to sew up, apart from the hem which gave me so much grief due to my insistence on having a curved hem. 


This is a self drafted top, based loosely on an item that I already had in my cupboard. The back is slightly longer than the front so has some decent butt coverage.


I intend to make many more of these, probably in a cotton so the hems don't drive me so crazy!

Till next time!

8 comments:

  1. Lovely top! And your hair looks really great. Thanks for the offer of a similar dress. I think I have about 3 too... I think it is more that it is supposed to be the pinnacle of the wrap dress... just being greedy actually have no time at the moment anyway. I think you are in Brisbane too?.. I have been thinking during my uni holidays to have a Brisbane sewing get together?? I'll solicit interest and then plan something I think.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! Nicely done on the self-drafted pattern and the fabric is super cute! Perfect for summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would totally be in for a get together, keep me posted!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great print for this pattern - I love the spots, and that curved hem was SO worth it... very flattering!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice, and it'll go great with shorts as well when the weather gets warmer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That hem always makes me crazy too- I ended up using bias tape on my coton one. I love yours!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super cute top! I really like the cuffs and the way you styled it! I have been wanting to draft a pattern using an existing top from my wardrobe too. Now I am motivated to try it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your top is lovely. I love the fabric.

    ReplyDelete